Monday, October 5, 2020

 



Week 4. 3rd & 4th October. 2020


Every week I provide you all with my personal opinions on the next week's matches along with my predicted results. These opinions can change dramatically the closer we get to kick-off, but its a great place to start.


I then publish my review of all the games as well as the results and evaluations of my predictions.


If you don´t agree with my predictions or you have heard news which may change my opinion then please let me know in the comments section, I'm always willing to listen to other peoples opinions and predictions to improve the potential return on my accumulators. 


*I urge you to only treat this as my personal opinion and never as a guaranteed way to win money through gambling. Please gamble responsibly if you choose to and only gamble with money you can afford to lose.


Saturday 3rd October

                 Chelsea 12:30 Crystal Palace

The definition of one way traffic, with Crystal Palace unable to register a single shot on target. 
Chelsea boss Frank Lampard introduced both summer signings Chilwell and Mendy for there first home start of the season but whereas Mendy had little to do, Ben Chilwell was involved in almost every piece of the action on the field. Scoring at the back post in the 50th minute before turning provider with a wonderful cross in the 66th minute to set up Kurt Zouma, two quick succession penalties neatly taken eventually by Jourginho, and the game was wrapped up.
Crystal Palace were playing well and defending stoutly for the first 50min but when the first goal went in the flood gates opened. Looking forward it's hard to see how Zaha will score goals if the service he receives doesn't improve.

Prediction 2-0.         Result 4-0




                   Everton 15:00 Brighton


I picked this as the match of the day and it didn´t disappoint, both teams have been scoring freely with quick flowing football.

Everton are top of the table with 4 out of 4 wins, and now have a swagger and air of invincibility that comes with it, My only concern for Everton is at the back especially with Pickford the keeper. Pickfords decision making has left some pundits questioning his ability, I don't see it this way, he's a young lad who still has a lot to develop and I believe he will regain his mojo and prove his doubters wrong.

Brighton I have to say have had a rough start to the Prem when you look at there fixtures and from there first two games against Chelsea and ManU I think they deserved to get something out of it, but in this one, they were clearly beaten.


Prediction 3-1       Result 4-2



                 Leeds 17:30 Man City

Really enjoy the way Leeds play the game, but I believed that Man City would come out all guns blazing for this game after their heavy defeat to Leicester City last week. And for the first half, they did, but a level headed Leeds back four and some good old fashioned luck stood in their way. 
Fair play to Leeds for keeping their heads and getting back into the game in the second half, it showed character that I wouldn´t have previously associated with them.

I imagine Leeds fans are very pleased with there start to the year, whereas City fans must be wondering what's gone wrong, I suppose the only comfort Leeds fans can take from this result is that Leicester, Liverpool, and Man U dropped points also.

Prediction 0-2       Result 1-1



                 Newcastle 20:00 Burnley

Newcastle are off to a good start this term whereas Burnley can't buy a win at the moment.

Pope will learn from this game and get stronger I'm sure, He really did have a bad day at the office making schoolboy errors, but the damage was already done as Burnley struggled to find an answer for the pace and skill of Newcastle's Saint-Maximin, Couple that with the lethal form of 20mil signing Wilson who now has 4 goals in 4 and the writing really was on the wall.


Prediction 2-0         Result 3-1



Sunday 4th October

             Leicester City 12:00 West Ham

Right now, no one wants to play West Ham, and although David Moyes is absent with Corona, they seem to be doing just fine without him. This like a few other results this weekend is one I got massively wrong.
Yes, Leicester were missing a couple of key players but that is no excuse. West Ham are simply playing beyond expectations. 
Great game and deserved points to the Hammers.

Prediction 2-1          Result 0-3



         Southampton 12:00 West Brom

Football is a strange game! West Brom, 3-0 up against Chelsea last week, and this week they are well beaten by a team that has struggled to find the back of the net.

In fairness I wasn't to excited about this game, Southampton got the job done and fair play to them.

West Brom will have to get their act together if they want to compete at this level of competition for another season.


Prediction 1-1         Result 2-0



                Arsenal 14:00 Sheffield

Not the best performance from Arsenal, but you can't argue with 4wins from 4 games.

Sheffield at times looked like they could get a point out of this fixture and maybe if new signing Brewster had been available to play they might have. 

In the end, Arsenal deserved the win but will have to play with more conviction if they are to beat City nest match


Prediction 3-0         Result 2-1



                   Wolves 14:00 Fulham

If you´re looking for the highlights of this game, it will be a very short video. Neto´s goal was really the one stand out moment. 

Fulham have now lost all 4 games to start the season and unless something divine happens I can't see where their first point is going to come from.

Wolves have a lot of rebuilding to do this season after cashing in on a few players, but I feel they are in safe hands and will come on strong as the season progresses.


Prediction 2-0     Result 1-0



              Man United 16:30 Tottenham

Well, I don't know where to start? Don't think anyone in the world predicted this result.

United got off to an amazing start with a penalty in the first 30seconds, then it was just one mistake after another and Tottenham were celebrating Christmas early.

It feels like going through every goal would take me longer to write than the game itself.

Hats off to Jose´s men, they deserved the win especially after playing 5 games in 11 days everyone must now start to consider them as title contenders.

United's back 4 are once again under scrutiny, but I stand by my comment I made in my last blog, that the Midfield has to sort itself out, decide who is going to track back and who is going to attack.


Manchester United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer: "It's very embarrassing, it hurt all the players. It hurts me as the manager. It's my worst day ever.

"I'll hold my hands up, I'm responsible for this. I've lost 5-0 with United and we've lost 6-1. We've lost big results before and always bounced back.

"I promise we'll do everything we can to turn this around. We know how good they can be but today all our mistakes came almost like Christmas everything at once and if you make too many mistakes against a good team and you'll be punished."

Tottenham boss Jose Mourinho: "To win 6-1 against Manchester United at Old Trafford is an honor for all of us, considering the dimension of Manchester United and Old Trafford.

"The pleasure is not the 6-1, the pleasure is the performance and three points which we really need after losing points at home against Newcastle.

"The target, the objective is every match we go to win. I told the players in the last couple of days 1000 times a good result at Old Trafford is to win.

"Of course if you draw it's not a bad result but that's the kind of mentality we must get. It was a great performance, a great result. We have seven points, so our position in the table is so-so."

Prediction 1-2    Result 1-6


                  Aston Vill 19:15 Liverpool

Well I never, I mean, who would have thought it?

So where to start? It is the first time Liverpool have conceded seven goals since 1963 and is only their fourth Premier League defeat since 3 January 2019. Villa, who escaped relegation on the final day of last season, overtake them in the table with their best start since 1962.

A 39min Hatrick from Villas 28mil club-record signing Watkins started it all off with Liverpool defending way to high up the field. 
At 2-0 was thinking Liverpool would pull it back and my confidence was proved right for a moment when Sala slotted home on 33min only for Watkins again to complete his hattrick on 39min.

This is when Liverpool collapsed, lacking the kind of belief and ambition we have all become accustomed to over the last few years.

Villa who are now up to 2nd in the league deserve all the applause and I'm sure this game will go down in Villa folk law for many years to come.

Liverpool will hope this is just a minor blip, a slip, a lapse of concentration? All I know is that Klopp needs to get on top of this quick as the reds have been leaking goals since the re-start of last season. 

Prediction 0-3     Result 7-2


Overall, I actually made a little money on my bets this week, despite the fact that some of the results I thought were a given backed fire.




If you don´t agree with my predictions or you have heard news which may change my opinion then please let me know in the comments section, I'm always willing to listen to other peoples opinions and predictions to improve the potential return on my accumulators. 

*I urge you to only treat this as my personal opinion and never as a guaranteed way to win money through gambling. Please gamble responsibly if you choose to and only gamble with money you can afford to lose.

No comments:

Post a Comment

EPL Football, Week 6. Saturday 24th Reviews & Predictions

  I bet at William Hill, use the link to open your account today and benefit from the best odds and offers on the market.>>>>>...